Welcome


My name is Gina and I would like to welcome you to my blog!

On this blog, I not only share the dietary and lifestyle approach which reversed my metabolic disease and achieved my weight loss, but I also debunk many misconceptions surrounding obesity and its treatment.

I am 5'5" and was weighing 300 lbs., at my heaviest. I lost a total of 180 lbs. I went through several phases of low carbohydrate dieting, until I found what worked best and that is what I share on this blog. Once on a carbohydrate restricted diet, along with intermittent fasting, I dropped all of the weight in a little over two years time.

My weight loss was achieved without any kind of surgery, bariatric or cosmetic. I also did not take any weight loss medications or supplements. I did not use any weight loss program. This weight loss was solely the result of a very low carbohydrate, whole foods based diet, along with daily intermittent fasting and exercise.

I allow discussions in the comments section of each post, but be advised that any inappropriate or off-topic comment will not be approved.

There are years worth of content on this blog, so I suggest you use Labels to easily find the information you are looking for. If what you are looking for is not under Labels, enter it into the Search Bar.

Sep 1, 2016

Disclaimer

Updated: [September 1, 2019]

By viewing this blog, you agree to the following Disclaimer.

The purpose of this blog is to promote broader understanding and knowledge of various diet related health topics.

I am not a doctor nor a professional health care provider, nutritionist or dietitian. I am not licensed to give any medical or nutritional advice. The information contained on this blog is to be used as a discussion guide between you and your professional healthcare provider only. Reliance on any information provided on this blog or any linked pages/groups is solely AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I do not recommend, endorse or make any representation about the efficacy, appropriateness or suitability of any specific tests, products, procedures, treatments, services, opinions, health care providers or other information that may be contained on or available through this blog. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY ADVICE, COURSE OF TREATMENT, DIAGNOSIS OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS THAT YOU OBTAIN THROUGH THIS BLOG. You are solely responsible for discussing any information found on this blog with a professional healthcare provider BEFORE acting upon it.

The information obtained on this blog is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this blog is for general information purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS BLOG.

Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or medication.

The content on this blog is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease or ailment. All content on this blog is intended for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your personal physician or healthcare provider before beginning any new diet, exercise regimen or wellness routine.

In the event of a medical emergency, call a doctor or 911 immediately.

By entering this blog you consent to waive any and all claims, actions, causes of action in contract or tort with respect to any act, omission, communication or conduct of the administrator of the Journey To Metabolic Health blog.

COPYING OR REDISTRIBUTION OF ANY OF THE CONTENT ON THIS BLOG, IN ANY FORM, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION.

I am not affiliated with any individual or weight loss program. I do not have sponsors nor do I have a financial relationship with any industry, company or organization. I do not sell any weight loss products nor receive compensation from any source I cite or recommend on this blog.