Welcome


My name is Gina and I would like to welcome you to my blog!

On this blog, I not only share the dietary and lifestyle approach which reversed my metabolic disease and achieved my weight loss, but I also debunk many misconceptions surrounding obesity and its treatment.

I am 5'5" and was weighing 300 lbs., at my heaviest. I lost a total of 180 lbs. I went through several phases of low carbohydrate dieting, until I found what worked best and that is what I share on this blog. Once on a carbohydrate restricted diet, along with intermittent fasting, I dropped all of the weight in a little over two years time.

My weight loss was achieved without any kind of surgery, bariatric or cosmetic. I also did not take any weight loss medications or supplements. I did not use any weight loss program. This weight loss was solely the result of a very low carbohydrate, whole foods based diet, along with daily intermittent fasting and exercise.

I allow discussions in the comments section of each post, but be advised that any inappropriate or off-topic comment will not be approved.

There are years worth of content on this blog, so I suggest you use Labels to easily find the information you are looking for. If what you are looking for is not under Labels, enter it into the Search Bar.

Oct 1, 2016

Meal Ideas

The photos may not be anything to write home about, but the ideas are all you need to focus on. I try to stay away from recipes and use meal ideas instead, which allow you to customize, to your preference, everyday meals. After all, if you are following this lifestyle, you need to eat like this daily. This means you need simple, versatile meal ideas you can use everyday with common ingredients.

I always cook 1 lb. of meat, because my meals are for two, but I scaled many of these recipes down for one serving, so they show 1/2 lb. of meat. There are no hardline measurements, just cook as much as you need and scale accordingly.


Breakfasts

Sausage and Eggs
Coconut Flour Pancakes
Almond Butter Bread
Breakfast "Sandwich"
Quick Breakfast "Cereal"
Ham and Cheese Omelet

Chicken

Fresh Chicken Salad
Rotisserie Chicken And Cheddar Biscuits
Almond Crusted Chicken
Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Lettuce Bowls
Stir Fried Chicken Strip Salad
Homemade Cobb Salad
Seared Chicken Breast and Zucchini
Skillet Chicken and Green Beans

Turkey

Turkey Burger

Steak

Stir Fry Steak and Cheesy Cauliflower "Rice"
Steak and Green Bean Salad
Chicken Fried Steak
Steak and Eggs

Beef

Mini Meatloaves With Roasted Vegetables
"Spaghetti" With Meat Sauce
Skillet Shepherd's Pie
Beefy "Noodles" Dish
Eggplant Lasagna
Beef Frittata
Meatloaf
Chili and Rice
Taco Salad

Pork

Slow Cooker Pork Roast
Sausage Frittata
Baked Pork Chops with Roasted Vegetables
Pork Ribs with Roasted Vegetables
Stuffed Acorn Squash
Sausage Skillet
Sausage and "Rice"
Pork Chorizo Frittata

Seafood

Salmon Salad

Bison

Grass Fed Bison Burger On A Salad

Lamb

Greek Lamb Meatballs

Sides

Turmeric "Rice" Pilaf
Dill Pickle and Tomato Salad with Creamy Herb Goat Cheese
Olive and Avocado Salad
Fried Zucchini
Rosemary Almonds
Fried Green Tomatoes
Butternut Squash Casserole
Greek Style Salad

Holidays

Thanksgiving Ideas
Leftover Turkey Frittata

Beverages

Iced Coffee
Apple Cider Vinegar

Not Desserts

Zucchini "Cake"
"Rice" Pudding
Ricotta Cheese and Berries
Chocolate and Almond Butter "Bar"
Apple No Pie

Extras

Homemade Stock Cubes

No comments:

Post a Comment