Welcome


My name is Gina and I would like to welcome you to my blog!

On this blog, I not only share the dietary and lifestyle approach which reversed my metabolic disease and achieved my weight loss, but I also debunk many misconceptions surrounding obesity and its treatment.

I am 5'5" and was weighing 300 lbs., at my heaviest. I lost a total of 180 lbs. I went through several phases of low carbohydrate dieting, until I found what worked best and that is what I share on this blog. Once on a carbohydrate restricted diet, along with intermittent fasting, I dropped all of the weight in a little over two years time.

My weight loss was achieved without any kind of surgery, bariatric or cosmetic. I also did not take any weight loss medications or supplements. I did not use any weight loss program. This weight loss was solely the result of a very low carbohydrate, whole foods based diet, along with daily intermittent fasting and exercise.

I allow discussions in the comments section of each post, but be advised that any inappropriate or off-topic comment will not be approved.

There are years worth of content on this blog, so I suggest you use Labels to easily find the information you are looking for. If what you are looking for is not under Labels, enter it into the Search Bar.

Oct 30, 2016

Coconut Flour Pancakes

This is a great recipe to have on occasion. These pancakes have the same consistency and texture of regular pancakes, but without the grain.

You can top them with fresh berries, whipped cream, cream cheese, butter or ricotta cheese. They can be layered with grated cheese to create cheesy "arepas". They also hold savory meats quite well, without falling apart.

Remember to eat them as part of your meal and not as a snack or an additional meal. You also don't want to use them as a replacement to a protein containing meal. Do not add sweeteners to them. They are not a dessert.

Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup heavy cream (you can also substitute the cream for whole milk or half & half)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Instructions:
  • Preheat buttered skillet in a medium to low heat.
  • Beat eggs until frothy, about 2 minutes.
  • Mix in cream and vanilla extract.
  • Combine flour, baking sodas and salt.
  • Add dry ingredients to wet and whisk until creamy and having a batter consistency.
  • Ladle 1/4 cup batter onto buttered skillet.
  • Spread with back of spoon, about 3 inches in diameter.
  • Cook 3 minutes per side or until dry in center.

No comments:

Post a Comment