Welcome


My name is Gina and I would like to welcome you to my blog!

On this blog, I not only share the dietary and lifestyle approach which reversed my metabolic disease and achieved my weight loss, but I also debunk many misconceptions surrounding obesity and its treatment.

I am 5'5" and was weighing 300 lbs., at my heaviest. I lost a total of 180 lbs. I went through several phases of low carbohydrate dieting, until I found what worked best and that is what I share on this blog. Once on a carbohydrate restricted diet, along with intermittent fasting, I dropped all of the weight in a little over two years time.

My weight loss was achieved without any kind of surgery, bariatric or cosmetic. I also did not take any weight loss medications or supplements. I did not use any weight loss program. This weight loss was solely the result of a very low carbohydrate, whole foods based diet, along with daily intermittent fasting and exercise.

I allow discussions in the comments section of each post, but be advised that any inappropriate or off-topic comment will not be approved.

There are years worth of content on this blog, so I suggest you use Labels to easily find the information you are looking for. If what you are looking for is not under Labels, enter it into the Search Bar.

Oct 2, 2016

Rotisserie Chicken And Cheddar Biscuits

This is an easy meal that does not require store bought rotisserie chicken, because you can make your own, at home.

I like to season my chicken with salt, pepper, lemon juice and dried herbs. I rub butter on it, to keep it juicy and so it becomes golden. I then put into the slow cooker with a few fresh herbs. I also like adding carrots. I set the slow cooker, on low, before going to bed.

I wake up the next morning to the delicious smell of baking chicken. I don't eat until 11 am, so I just let it continue to cook on low until then. By the time I am ready, the chicken is falling off the bones. The slow cooker allows it to remain super moist, all the way through, while the skin turns golden brown, just like at the market. No need to leave in your car when you're ready to eat, your chicken will be waiting for you at home.

I like having my chicken with cheddar biscuits. Here is a popular and quick recipe for making them low carb.

Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/3 cup coconut flour
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 F.
  • Grease muffin tins with either coconut oil or butter. I like using extra large tins so they are biscuit sized.
  • Whisk together the eggs, butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
  • Add the coconut flour and baking soda and whisk until no lumps.
  • Fold in cheese.
  • Scoop batter into the muffin tins and bake for 20 mins or until tops are golden brown.
  • Let cool in pan for 10 mins before removing and serving.
So far, this recipe has the most true to biscuit texture I have tried. You can add other ingredients to these biscuits like green onion or top them with extra cheese. I like dipping my biscuits in the chicken's pan drippings.


No comments:

Post a Comment